Research Project “The Greek Revolution of 1821: Digital Archive”
The 1821 Digital Archive is a large scale and collaborative research project organized and implemented by the Research Centre for the Humanities (RCH) concerning the upcoming bicentenary of the Greek War for Independence (1821). To realize the project, the RCH has signed bilateral agreements with the majority of libraries and archival institutions which house pertinent material in their collections. These agreements were signed following in situ visits by members of the Scientific Committee, who reviewed the available material and discussed priorities with the directors of each institution.
The project will be carried out with the collaboration of eminent academic and other bodies, such as:
- Library of the Hellenic Parliament
- General State Archives (GAK)
- National Library of Greece
- National Hellenic Research Foundation
- Benaki Museum
- Hellenic Literary and Historical Archive (ELIA)
- Museum of Greek Folk Musical Instruments – The Phoebus Anoyanakis Collection
- Captain Vassilis Foundation
The Research Centre for the Humanities (RCH) will work alongside the bodies listed above, with the intention to broaden even more the number of collaborating bodies as the project progresses.