The Research Centre for the Humanities (RCH) announces its 6th Public Call for the submission of research proposals at a post-doc level to be pursued in 2021. The Centre will grant funding for a maximum of ten projects, for the amount of maximum €10.000 per project, subject to all types of deductions, taxes, dues etc.
Eligible applicants include:
- Post-doctoral Researchers
These are scholars who a/ have not exceeded ten (10) years since receiving their doctorate, b/ do not have a full time job and c/ may or may not be enrolled in a post-doctoral institutional program.
- Research Groups
These are research groups of not more than three (3) scholars, at least one of whom must NOT have a full-time job. The member in charge of the proposed research project must hold a PhD. The group may be composed of doctoral candidates (at the least), post-doctoral scholars and/or junior or senior academics. Anyone with a full-time job will not be eligible for any kind of remuneration. In case a member of the research group is a PhD Candidate, then the topic of the proposed research must not be the same as the topic of her/his PhD thesis.
Terms and Conditions
- Each project should be carried out within the year 2021.
- The candidates should not have obtained any other source of funding for the particular proposed research project during the period of the RCH funding, namely 2021.
- The candidates may apply with the same proposed research project for a maximum of two years. In case they wish to apply for a third time, they should do so with a different proposal.
- Successful applicants are required to organize a one or two-day event (workshop, conference, work-in-progress sessions etc.) within the year 2021, with the participation of early-career scholars.
- Applications may only be submitted electronically via the online Application Form, which will be available on the Centre’s website during the application period. To submit your application, please go to Application Form
- The final research paper is submitted in Greek or English (language selection is specified in the Application Form), with an extended summary in the other language.
- For detailed application guidelines, please go to FAQs & Application Guidelines
Selection criteria include the originality and the scientific contribution of the proposed research as well as the deliverables. The proposals will be assessed by established scholars from Greece and abroad. Applicants of shortlisted proposals will also be called for an interview.
|Application Period Starting Date:||February 24, 2020|
|Application Period Deadline:||April 13, 2020 (midnight, local time Greece)|
|Announcement of Results to successful candidates:||
October 31, 2020
Announcement of Results on our website:
|Duration of Research Project:||January 2021 – December 2021|
For further clarifications please contact Dr Despoina Valatsou at email@example.com.