Applications will be submitted electronically from February 18, 2019 until March 18, 2019 (midnignt local time – Greece) via the online Application Form, which can be accessed through the Centre’s website only during the above period.
How will I know that the online submission of the proposal was successful?
As soon as you submit your application, and provided that you have submitted a complete proposal and all required fields via the online Application System, you will receive an electronic confirmation of receipt at the email address you have indicated on the application form.
Is there any other way of submitting our proposal?
Your proposal may only be submitted electronically via the online Application System, as described on the Centre’s website.
In what language must the proposal be submitted?
All applications are written in Greek and English, according to the requirements of the Application Form. The final research paper is submitted in Greek or English (selection of language specified in the Application Form), with an extended summary in the other language.
Can I send supplementary information regarding the proposal after the application deadline?
No information will be accepted after the application period is over.
Who is eligible for funding?
1. Post-doctoral Researchers. These are scholars who have not exceeded ten (10) years since receiving their doctorate, do not have a full time job and may or may not be enrolled in a post-doctoral institutional program.
2. Research Groups. These are research groups of not more than three (3) scholars, at least one of whom must NOT have a full time job. The member in charge of the proposed research project must hold a PhD. The group may be composed of doctoral candidates, post-doctoral scholars and/or junior or senior academics. Anyone with a full time job will not be eligible to any kind of remuneration.
Can we apply under more than one funding categories?
No. You can apply under only one funding category.
Can we apply for more than one research proposals, with different research topics and aims, under one funding category?
No. You can submit your application for only one research proposal under only one funding category.
If we apply under the funding category «Research group», must all group members belong to the same institution?
Not necessarily. Cooperation between researchers from different institutions is encouraged.
If we apply under the funding category «Research group», should all group members be mentioned by name?
Yes, all members must be mentioned by name and their CVs must be submitted, according to the requirements of the Application Form.
Is there a limit on the number of the research group members?
The number of the group members must be up to three scholars, including the group coordinator.
What expenses are considered eligible project expenses?
Indicative eligible expenses are: remunerations, transportation, equipment and consumables.
If we apply under the funding category «Research group», is the coordinator’s compensation considered to be an eligible expense?
Yes, this is an eligible expense as long as the coordinator does not have a full time job.
Are there any other terms and conditions for the application?
Yes, there are.
1. Selection criteria include the originality and the scientific contribution of the proposed research as well as the deliverables.
2. Each project should be carried out within the year 2020.
3. The candidates should not have obtained any other source of funding for the particular proposed research project during the period of the RCH fund, that is 2020.
4. The candidates can apply with the same proposed research project for a maximum of two years. In case they wish to apply for a third time, they should do so with a different proposal.
5. Successful applicants are required to organize a one or two-day event (workshop, conference, work-in-progress sessions etc.) within the year 2020, with the participation of young scholars.
How will the applications be evaluated?
The proposals are refereed by established scholars from Greece and abroad. Applicants of shortlisted proposals will also be called for an interview.
How will we be informed of the results of the evaluation?
The evaluation results will be announced to the successful candidates by the end of October 2019. Detailed assessments of the rejected proposals will not be sent. The results will be announced on our website by the end of January 2020.
What is the duration of the approved research proposal?
The approved research proposal should be carried out within the year 2020, starting January 2020. The final research paper along with all research results must be submitted by 21/12/2020.
Will selected applicants sign a contract with the Centre?
Selected applicants will sign a contract with the Centre, which will provide a detailed description of the financing and project implementation terms.
Who will have the intellectual copyrights of the funded research projects?
The intellectual copyrights for the research projects funded by the Centre will belong to the researchers.
In the event that our proposal is rejected, is it possible to be informed of its classification during the evaluation process?
No information regarding the evaluation process and results will be given.
In the event that our proposal is rejected, is it possible to apply again next year?
Yes, it is. However, the candidates can apply with the same proposed research project for a maximum of two years. In case they wish to apply for a third time, they should do so with a different proposal.